#7 Cheers to all our loves


Let's be real...there is so much to get done in a day and these things come with so many pressures and anxieties that we can easily forget what really matters.  It's becoming so normal to feel more negative emotions in a day than positive ones - and that's not okay with us!  We don't want you to forget the things that are really important.

We want to celebrate the people and places that bring us joy and have molded us into the beautiful beings we are today.  And part of celebrating is reflecting, we want to pause and really think about the things that we love.  We are starting off this new year on a positive note by doing a celebration series for precisely this reason.  Salt & Earth want to celebrate with you:)  

We asked a few people what they really love and they had a lot to say ... these are the kinds of things we want to explore during this series, and even more!

I love that I was born in a country that has amazing wildlife. The elephant is also part of my family name and it signifies strength and kindness.  This image also reminds me that the world we live in is not ours alone to consume and exploit, instead we are here to care for it. 
This picture was taken in the Drakensberg mountains of KwaZulu-Natal, arguably one of my favourite places in South Africa.
I came to South Africa and I fell in love with this country and its people.  I have had life changing experiences here and I look forward to every visit.
I love the Louvre because it is a beautiful building and it has many different exhibits and it showcases a lot of different cultures.   I was consumed by this place. It made me think of things beyond myself.  Travelling really does open your eyes and expand your mind.
My favourite thing about coffee is that it brings people together but it is also something that you can enjoy by yourself.  This image is also about my love for photography.  While photography is challenging, there is no set standard because it's so personal - capturing memories and moments.
Food allows me to be creative and express myself.  I enjoy making food that is healthy and tasty.  I also love making food for others, it is one of the ways I show my love.
My friendships have been a source of sanity and comfort me for me.  They are truly God-given and I am so thankful that I have people who have been consistent in my life.
I am not the kind of person who cares much for material possessions but for as long as I can remember, a 1970s VW Beetle has been my favourite car.  Perhaps one day I will own one too.
Being active, being outdoors and being with our family dog make me truly happy.
There are very few places where you can feel completely free and yourself, this space allows me to be that.  It has music that fills your soul and an atmosphere that is feels authentic.

There are a lot of big memorable milestones in life and it's easy to remember them, but what we love about these answers is that the little things...the everyday things...the behind the scene things are the ones that people really turn to for comfort and peace.  And it's clear that a part of loving is being grateful; being grateful for the things that really matter and that don't necessarily cost much.  In spite of all the pressures and chaos, there is always something to be grateful for - always something to honour and always something to love.

Comment below and tell us what you love and makes you feel warm and fuzzy...we may end up featuring that very thing :)

Comments